Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Win the Battle of Your Mind

Romans 8:31
If God is with us, no one can defeat us.
I think one of the hardest things to deal with in the Christian walk is our thought life. Everything around us affects how we choose to think, how we feel, and how we view the world. What we watch and hear also tumbles around in our minds. If you think about it... how much daily goes into your mind? What all do you take in? The mind is a very complex thing to behold, yet it was created by God and can glorify him. For me, thoughts of fear and failure constantly creep up on me. The enemy will try ruthlessly to throw those thoughts in my way. He wants me to think I can't do it, I'm not good enough, or I will just continuously fail and get nowhere.

But fear not for we have a greater power on our side. The ultimate power, in fact, that places the enemy under his feet. Through Christ we are set free of sin and the enemy no longer has his grasp on us! Romans 6:14 states, "Sin will not be your master, because you are not under law but under God's grace." We are no longer slaves to sin because Christ has set us free and we now live as redeemed children of God! So yes, were under God's grace and it drives Satan crazy. He still tries to pull us down and break us apart continuously. Whenever I feel those thoughts creep back into my mind, I immediately renounce them out loud. I proclaim, "Fear, you have no place in my life. Get out of my mind now! Failure, you have no place in my thought life. Be gone now!" There is power in our words; power that Jesus Himself has placed within us. We are vessels of His glory and power; walk in that authority He has given you! Know today that the enemy has no place in your life! And at times if you see him even anywhere close to you, rebuke Him in the name of Jesus and declare your freedom in God's kingdom! Tell your thoughts to obey Christ. The things the enemy tries to speak into your mind, you have power to tell them they, in fact, are the powerless ones! God is for us and wants us to be prosperous. Surrender your thought life to him if you ever feel the enemy is attacking it. Ask God to place his own thoughts in your head and the lovely thoughts that he thinks of you; that he may fill every open nook in your mind with thoughts of him.

2nd Corinthians 10:4-6
We fight with weapons that are different from those the world uses. Our weapons have power from God that can destroy the enemy's strong places. We destroy people's arguments and every proud thing that raises its self against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ.

We are set free!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment