Friday, June 21, 2013

Moving Mountains



There's those moments we feel like we're just trudging through mud and rocks to climb up a mountain side. It's a struggle; it's adversity. Some mountains we've come across before. Others present themselves as new monsters to face. There's monster of mountains in finances, insecurities, relationships, etc. 

I will go before you and make the mountains flat. 
Isaiah 45:2a

I will make my mountains into roads, and the roads will be raised up. 
Isaiah 49:11

I can think of multiple circumstances in my life where I was trying to attempt to climb a mountain and the struggle was so difficult. I wasn't sure if I'd ever conquer it. My prayers would be consistent… God get me through this. Help me to succeed, to move past this moment. And by the grace and power of God, he turned a mountain into a road. A road! A flat, easy-going, nothing but straight forward road. How, why God? I'll tell you… simply by his pure goodness. By his love for a daughter he was so loving looking out for. He saw the struggle, knew the need before I even spoke a word, and he provided. It was a mixture of my prayers to him and his sovereign hand providing; a relationship that got a treacherous mountain turned into a road. 

Jesus answered, "Because your faith is as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 
Move from here to there,' and it will move. 
All things will be possible for you."
Matthew 17:20-21

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will be able to do what I did to this tree and even more. You will be able to say to this mountain, 'Go, fall into the sea.' 
And if you have faith, it will happen. 
If you believe, you will get anything you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:21-22

If you have faith, it will happen… If I have the faith, it will happen! Jesus is telling us that if we have the faith to believe for the impossible we can move mountains! We can tell them to fall into the sea.  It reminds me of a verse in Matthew 10:8 where Jesus is telling His disciples He has the power to cast out demons, heal the sick, and raise the dead to life. Then He says, "I freely give you these powers." In John 14:12, Jesus states that whoever believes in Him will do even greater things because He is going back to the Father. 

This is how I see it: In the Old Testament, God says he will be the one to make the mountains flat. As the New Testament unfolds, Jesus comes along. His power lives inside us and we become a vessel of His glory. Just as He freely gives us His powers, so we are freely given the power to move some serious mountains through our faith! We can be mountain movers. And it's nothing of our own aptitude, but God working through us and in our lives. His power is displayed in us and through relationship with him comes the strength and ability to move mountains. 

I say no more doubt over that mountain I've been climbing! I will prevail and I will succeed. God is on my side, and he can do the impossible. The power of Jesus is alive in you and it's alive in me to move mountains, and we have a God on our side who can flatten them completely! With God, anything can happen. So rise up mountain mover. Whether you've been climbing a mountain or standing at the feet of one, God can do some pretty amazing things through your faith and belief in him. You can do more than you think. You are a conquer and therefor you can conquer that mountain. 

(Pic via Pinterest)

Have an amazing Friday! I hope only that you would be inspired today to face your mountains with faith and perseverance
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment