Tuesday, June 26, 2012

You are Important! You are the Unlikely!

"I don't feel important... I don't feel like my abilities are being used or even seen." These are the things that were playing over and over in my head this morning. Then in my alone time with God, I came across these scriptures:

1st Corinthians 1:26-30
Brothers and Sisters, look at what you were when God called you. Not many of you were wise in the way the world judges wisdom. Not many of you had great influence. Not many of you came from important families. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and he chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose what the world thinks is unimportant and what the world looks down on and thinks is nothing in order to destroy what the world thinks is important. 

1st Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written in the Scriptures: "No one has ever seen this, and no one has ever heard about it. No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 

I felt that God was reminding me to not despise small beginnings. I've always heard people say,"God uses the unlikely." And how true it is. At first I thought: God wouldn't use me. I like to be organized, a perfectionist, and detail oriented. I hate failure. The unlikely is the person in the back of the classroom who never says a word. Yet I still had my fair hand of failures and heartaches that came with them. They're not the type of events I desire to be repeated in my future. I had to take a moment and step back... Look at where I've come from, where I am at, the incredible things I've done, and still plan on doing... I am the unlikely! In a way, we all the unlikely. Five years ago I would not of believed the path that I am on today. It's an unlikely path I would of thought for my future. I feel as if most people would say that as well. God can do amazing things with our lives if we're just willing to surrender ourselves and trust him. He not only will use you, but he WANTS to use you, and if you let him he already has the plans of how he wants to use you! You are the unlikely. The unlikely will happen in your life if you let go and let God come in. Then you'll be blown away at the miraculous events which unfold before your very eyes. Not only will you be amazed at his greatness, but I'm pretty sure it'll cause you to fall further head-over-heels in this lavish love affair he desires with you. For all his faithfulness and goodness in my life he has shown me, I love him more. Remember that nothing is impossible with God! In Jeremiah 32:9 God himself says, "I am the Lord, the God of every person on the earth. NOTHING is impossible for me." What's impossible for us, God makes possible. Do not think you are unimportant or will not be used. God has big plans for your future; plans that'll surpass your wildest dreams! If our dreams are already so wild, imagine what else could be bigger than that (or even that could be hard to imagine)! And God plans on doing it!

Those first thoughts I began this post with were lies from the enemy. He is out to get you; he fears you will succeed and advance God's kingdom. Tell him he has no power in your life because he does not. The enemy is under God's feet. And at times if you feel at all that you do fail, don't fret because God will still prevail!


Have a beautiful day!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment