Monday, July 16, 2012

Finding Rewards in Revelation

Revelation 3:11-13
I am coming soon. Continue strong in your faith so no one will take away your crown. I will make those who win the victory pillars in the temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that comes down out of heaven from my God. I will also write on them my new name. Everyone who has ears should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.


In the first few books of Revelation, the Lord addresses 7 churches in Asia. With each one he mentions this: He sees the things they do (whether good, bad, or both), discusses the victory for those who are faithful or the need of repentance for those who are sinful, and each address has the phrase, "Every person who has ears should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches" stated at the closing.  For those who are faithful and obedient to Jesus, He will give them a victory. This promise of victory is repeated over and over in multiple ways through out the addresses to the churches. Chapter 2 verse 7 mentions that those who win the victory will be given the right fruit from the tree of life which is in the garden of God. In 2:17 a new name will be given to those who also win the victory. Further along in chapter 2, it is also mentioned that the Lord will give them power over the nations and an iron rod to rule with. 3:15 reads, "Those who win the victory will be dressed in white clothes like them. And I will not erase their names from the book of life, but I will say they belong to me before my Father and before his angels." And finally in the end of chapter 3 it says, "Those who win the victory will sit with me on my throne in the same way that I won the victory and sat down with my Father on his throne." Our God has such a passionate desire for us to come out victorious. The only way for that victory to happen is through Christ. Jesus says He is the way, the truth, and the life. In 2nd Timothy 2:11-12 it reads, "This teaching is true: If we died with him, we will also live with him. If we accept suffering, we will also rule with him. If we refuse to accept him, he will refuse to accept us." This victory comes from Christ alone and is available to anybody as long as they call upon the name of Jesus; to die to their old, sinful-selves and be created new in Him. Only then can one become a pillar in the temple of God, be given an iron rod to rule the nations with, and eat fruit from the tree of life! What an extravagant life that is! Life with Christ is promised to be full and completely satisfying. My life is definitely a testimony to this. The journey I have been on with Christ has been so fulfilling and rewarding; it bring wholeness into my heart. Plus, there's still more adventure to come! He is the one person in my life who I have never, ever been hurt by or will ever be. He is constant when everything else around me has become insanity. And to read His holy word hearing of the promises which one can receive if choosing to live in obedience makes me desire to strive harder at living a life pleasing to him. My hope today is for you to read this and be consumed by the thought of his extreme promises for both you and I. See, hear, and know the promises of God for those who are faithful to him. They're wildly rewarding and worth fighting the good fight of faith.

Happy Monday!
❤ Ariel Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment