Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Are Making Me New


The song Beautiful Things came out on Gungor's 2010 album. I'd say this is probably a more well known song and it's one of my favorites! As I was listening to it today, a particular line stuck out to me...

You make me new, You are making me new

So what? I've always heard the song over and over; why is something sticking out to me now? The word "making" was continuously running around in my head. He is making us new. Still making, still creating, still working on us. It makes sense though. We are constantly being worked on by God within us to perfect our salvation. Philippians 2:12-13 mentions that we must keep working on our salvation with "fear and trembling because God is working in you to help you want to do and be able to do what pleases him." It even makes sense that God is still working on us because as humans we have weaknesses. We are not perfect; there is fault. Thankfully God has grace to cover that. There is grace for our mistakes and failures. Hebrews 4:15-16 reads, "For our high priest is able to understand our weaknesses. When he lived here on earth, he was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin. Let us, then, feel very sure that we can come before God's throne where there is grace. We can receive mercy and grace to help us when we need it." One of my most favorite things to remind myself is "Where I fail, God still prevails." When we can no longer go on, he can. We are masterpieces constantly being molded and formed by Christ within. It reminds me of the verse in Jeremiah where God ask if he can mold and shape Israel like the clay in the potter's hands. We are clay in the Creators hands. Think about it: everyday He is inside us doing something new, bringing revelation to mind, conquering fear and the enemy, capturing our hearts, giving us grace, and so much more! I fall in awe of Him more and more with each new day. How thankful I am; Papa has never given up or quit me. He is constant and always the same. His grace is always available to us. Oh, how wide, deep, big, and extravagant his love is for us! He wants to be within us to make us new! To be new so we can be set free and live in complete redemption! And rest assured if you have ever turned away or fallen down, his arms are still open to you! He is always waiting because he simply loves you.

2nd Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you." So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses, insults, hard times, sufferings, and all kinds of troubles for Christ. Because when I am weak, then I am truly strong.


Have a lovely night!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment