Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ultimate Romance

Songs of Solomon 4:9-10
My sister, my bride,
    you have thrilled my heart;
you have thrilled my heart
    with one glance of your eyes,
    with one sparkle from your necklace. 
Your love is so sweet, my sister, my bride.
    Your love is better than wine, 
    and you perfume smells better than any spice.

Songs of Solomon 8:6-7b
Put me like a seal on your heart,
    Like a seal on your arm.
Love is as strong as death;
    Jealousy demanding as the grave.
Love burst into flames
    and burns like a hot fire.
Even much water cannot put out the flame of love;
    floods cannot drown love.

I read this and my heart literally melts! It is melting right now... Isn't this the kind of confession of love every girl dreams to hear out of her Prince Charming's mouth? The kind of love that makes you feel like you're the most beautiful girl in the world and your lover could have no other desire above you. That you are the most treasured, most desirable, and most valued thing to your lover. And these words which I find myself so intoxicated by come to me straight out of God's holy word; even more so, they come straight from His heart. His love is so great that it like a hot flame in which floods of water cannot even put it out. It is as strong as death. How does that make you feel hearing all this? It makes me feel like nobody or no thing could love me more than Jesus does. In fact, His jealousy is demanding as death. He wants me. And to hear this makes me want Him. I do not think that an earthy man could even attain such a vast amount of love for me. This love also makes me feel complete in Him. When it comes to relationships, I've constantly been told to look for a man in which we will compliment each other rather than compete, because we are to be complete in Christ. And so I am; I feel that completion. He sees me as beautiful, lovely, ravishing, glorious, admirable, and as His. I am His and so are you. This is how He thinks of you, beautiful bride. You have trilled His heart! He wants to be as a seal on your heart. He wants to be the apple of your eye. He wants to be your everything. Chapter 5, verse 2 states, "I sleep, but my heart is awake. I hear my lover knocking. 'Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my perfect one.'" He is at your door waiting for you to let Him in. He is a gentleman and will wait and wait and wait for you; love never dying and never ending, He waits for you. Will you let Him in?


Songs of Solomon 4:7
My darling, everything about you is beautiful, and there is nothing at all wrong with you.

Know today how loved you are!
❤ Ariel Christine

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Holy Spirit has been drawing me into Song of Solomon, too. What translation is SOS 4:7 above?
    Love you!
    Jill (Shreve)

    ReplyDelete