Saturday, August 4, 2012

Trust. Simply trust.

Psalm 37:3-8
Trust the Lord and do good.
    Live in the land and feed on truth.
Enjoy serving the Lord,
    and he will give you what you want.
Depend on the Lord;
    trust him, and he will take care of you.
Then your goodness will shine like the sun,
    and your fairness like the noonday sun.
Wait and trust the Lord.
    Don't be upset when others get rich
    or when someone else's plans succeed.
Don't get angry.
    Don't be upset; it only leads to trouble.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust the Lord with all your heart,
    and don't depend on your own
        understanding.
Remember the Lord in all you do,
    and he will give you success.

Hosea 12:6
You must return to your God;
    love him, do what is just,
    and always trust him as your God.

Philippians 4:6
Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.


Good morning readers! Lately many verses have been revealed before me about trusting the Lord. And while it's easy for me to wake up everyday and claim, "I trust you today, God!" Am I REALLY trusting him with every single, little detail? He cares for the greatest to the smallest of problems in my life. He cares when I have bad hair day and don't feel pretty. He cares when the slightest headache comes on at work, and I think nothing of it except to push through. So I know: He cares. It's simple. Now I must: trust. His very Word says to trust him with my whole heart, to depend on him, to wait on him, to remember him, and even enjoy serving him. Yes, that begins a list of things to do, but look at the outcomes: I get to live in the good land of my Father and feed on his truth, be taken care of daily, for success to come, and the desires of our heart! Who better to put my trust in then the one who created me?

Within less than 2 weeks I leave to go back to school in Missouri. I attend James River Leadership College and this will be my sophomore year. Last year was such a tough and challenging year, but who I developed into was so rewarding. Going back into this year, I know there's going to be more challenges and circumstances to work through. I have been diligently seeking the Lord all summer with a huge list of prayers for the year. I've been praying for favor, opportunity, declaring success, and coming against any plans the enemy has to throw heartache into my path. Leadership college is definitely a huge time of growth and to be pushed to the extremes. Though God was so faithful to me last year and brought me through some of the craziest situations. During the moments it was so hard to hold my head up, God placed his fingers under my chin and lifted my head for me. I look at freshmen year as a launching pad for this sophomore year! I'm so excited for this year ahead, and I truly believe the scriptures I wrote out he has been revealing to me as I go back to Missouri. It's all about trust. I have to trust God; there is nothing better to place my hope in. In Jeremiah 17 verse 5, it states that whoever places their trust in human strength and ability is cursed. God is able. Reading his word and seeing his heart for me revealed makes my faith and trust in him so much greater. I cannot wait to get back to school and I am really believing for an incredible year ahead full of victories and success, in the name of Jesus! Haha, yes! My hope is in the one who has promised to never leave me.

Let your trust in the Lord be ever growing.
❤ Ariel Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment