Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Look at Joshua: Part 1

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to defeat you all your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forget you.

What could I say to further explain that verse? It's pretty self-explanatory. God won't leave; He won't forget. He's committed to me as I am to him for life. It's just so good to say over myself at the start of each morning, "Just as you, God, were with Moses, you are with me," Moses! The very man God spoke to about leading his people out of Egypt into the promised land. As God was with Moses, so he is with me. It's almost comical cause it's like I know a guy who knew Moses personally. Crazy, right? There's that familiar song, Our God, which says,

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?

Just as the scripture says, no one will be able to defeat you in all your life. God is the ultimate fighter, and there is nobody greater who can beat him. Doesn't that sound reassuring? The enemy has no place in my life. Every place he could fill in my head or heart God has already won over. My heart belongs to the Lord; the One who it rightfully belongs to since the beginning of time! Further along in chapter 1 of Joshua, the Lord says 3 separate times to him to be strong and brave. Then Joshua goes to tell the people all that the Lord has spoke to him, and even the people tell him in verse 18, "... Just be strong and brave!" In a way, it's like a small conformation of what the Lord has been telling Joshua. To be strong and brave! His trust must be in the Lord because that is the one who will not leave or forget him. I feel like the Lord says that over each one of his children. To be strong and brave; to trust him because he is faithful. I know God is for me, and he is with me. He walks in front of me and I follow. I heard a wise man say the other day, "God will not lead you anywhere he has not been yet." There's no situation or circumstance he can't handle or doesn't know the outcome. And as I look forward to the future, I look without fear and with a smile (just as in proverbs 31) because there is nobody who could ever defeat me. Only a God who is my biggest cheerleader. 


Can it be Friday already? Have a great day!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment