Tuesday, March 12, 2013

If He Gave It, He'll Help You

Exodus 4:10-12
But Moses said to the Lord, "Please, Lord, I have never been a skilled speaker. 
Even now, after talking to you, I cannot speak well. I speak slowly and can't find the best words." 
Then the Lord said to him, "Who made a person's mouth? 
And who makes someone deaf or not able to speak? Or who gives a person sight or blindness? 
It is I, the Lord. Now go! I will help you speak, and I will teach you what to say."

Moses felt he was not able to carry out the task God had in store for him. Moses was to go before the king of Egypt asking for the Israelites' freedom. That is a huge mountain to face! I could only imagine how he felt. I too would feel speechless and timid before the king, especially asking for him to let all his slaves go! God, however, knew Moses was able and only with His help! The Lord would walk with Joseph and give him every tool necessary to accomplish this task. Exodus 4:12 even shows that the Lord tells Moses he would give him to words to say. 

Reading on into Exodus, Moses does every command the Lord gave him. There was always a battle between Moses and the king. One moment the king would say he would release the slaves and then change his mind. I constantly found through out the Scripture that God was the one making the king stubborn. Then God would say he would rescue the Israelites and they would see that he is God. All these circumstances God used to show the people he was God All-Poweful, and Moses was used as an instrument in the midst of it all.

This passage only reminds me to truly believe that God can use anybody! Moses didn't even feel equipped to be used by God for this task, but God still used him! God can do anything and through anyone. He just wants our willingness. Moses thought he couldn't do it, but God assured him he would give Moses the words, and so Moses went for it. He was obedient to God and look at what happened: all the Israelites were rescued out of Egypt and they all knew it was the Lord. 

I want God to use me as an instrument of his glory whether I feel equipped or not! Whatever it is he calls me to do, I want to believe with such faith that I can do it through Christ who is my help, strength, and rock. Our God is a God who makes all things possible. When I wake up each morning, I think myself, "Today is a new day and God can do anything. He can use anyone, including me! There is no challenge God can't face and no problem he doesn't already know of. He is all knowing, and he will fight for me. He is with me, enough for me, and gives me every tool I'll need." That's how awesome of a God he is. He can do anything and can do all things through his people. Today he has given each and every person the tools they need. They can be tools such as our mouths and hands or abilities and talents or our resources! He can even give us new ones and they will become developed in our lifetime. All things are able to point towards Christ and giving God glory if we would use them for him. 

We are creatively-fashioned instruments of the Lord and he is our orchestrator of music. Let us be willing to say the words, use the gifts, do anything the Lord has given to us and he will show us how to use it all. 
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment