Sunday, April 7, 2013

Scripture That Speaks


I have Bible verses all over my apartment! Every area... my room, the bathroom, the kitchen, anywhere I go... there they are. There's certain verses I can look at and remember the moment I found them and what circumstances they spoke to. Sometimes, I'll even have a couple verses for just one moment.

I feel that there have been a few verses God has revealed to me lately and they just continue to remain in my heart. Yet, I've been praying, seeking, and asking God just to give me an answer of some sort for things pertaining to the future. Then it just hit me today like a ton of bricks: just as God has given me Scripture to encourage and guide me in moments of time before, he is doing it once again. I just didn't realize the verses stirring in my heart all meshed together and totally brought me peace now seeing the bigger picture. To some people it could have been obvious, but this realization just came to me.

Week by week, I would find a verse I felt that just spoke right to my spirit and would continuously run through my mind. What brought me to the realization was this past weekend I wrote each bit of scripture on a notecard then taped them to my wall. I stepped back, stared at the verses all next to each other, and just felt good about each verse. I felt they belonged on my wall for me to see daily; for me to remind myself this is what God is speaking over me. They were just exactly what I needed.

      To my future desires:

And this is the boldness we have in God's presence:
that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us.
If we know he hears us every time we ask him, 
we know we have what we ask from him.
1st John 5:14-15

      Trusting God with the now and the future:

Enjoy serving the Lord, and he will give you what you want.
Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.
Psalm 37:4-7

      I may not have all the answers, but my praise will go on daily:

The power of the Lord has won the victory; 
with his power the Lord has done mighty things.
Psalm 118:16

Then today, I added one more verse. What's a little comical to me is that this verse I found before the other three. So I wrote it on a notecard, tapped it to the wall, stood back, and felt even more confident; confident in God's word. His word is so right and brings me joy. It speaks comfort and direction into my life.

      God can do anything, even beyond my requests and dreams:

With God's power working in us, God can do much, much
more than anything we can ask or imagine.
Ephesians 3:20

Sometimes, I think I write posts that make no sense to anyone but me; kind of like I don't convey very well what's really rattling around in my brain. This is one of those post. If anything, my hope is that you would be encouraged to look deeper into the Scriptures for comfort. When it's hard to hear God's voice, we have a resource that is physically present in our hands. His word is a tool; we are to use it, study it, and live it. As you live it, I promise it'll breath life into you. It'll renew your mind and spirit with strength and truth. Have a hunger for God's word. It's so important to be reliant upon God's holy scriptures.


How can a young person live a pure life? By obeying your word. 
With all my heart I try to obey you. Don't let me break your commands. 
I have taken your words to heart so I would not sin aganist you. 
Psalm 119:9-11

I wear myself out with desire for you laws all the time. 
Psalm 119:20

I hope your Sunday is fabulous and the week ahead to be amazing!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment