Thursday, June 6, 2013

Taking the Road Longer Traveled...

When the king sent people out of Egypt, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was the shortest way. God said, "If they have to fight , they might change their minds and go back to Egypt." So God led them through the desert toward the Red Sea. The Israelites were dressed for fighting when they left the land of Egypt. 
Exodus 13:17-18


Recently hearing a podcast reviewing the story of Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt, this particular verse jumped right off the page to me. One verse it may be, but it speaks heavily.

God did not lead the Israelites through the shortest, most convenient way. He knew if he took the people through the Philistine country, there was a chance they would turn around. If they turned around, they would of never gotten out of Egypt and traveled to the Promised Land! God had great things in store for the future, but he didn't go about the easy way of making it happen. 

So often we look at our futures and want things to happen now. I'll be the first to admit it; so many of my plans and dreams I just want to pop into existence now! But God sees the bigger picture. He can see how it'll effect me if his plans for my life would happen as soon as I asked and he made them appear. I could be underprepared, wouldn't learn a thing, won't grow, or maybe not even reach my fullest potential. Sometimes to take the route of the easy way, we skip out on so much more. Sure things happen quicker and faster, but it might just end up being unsatisfying and nowhere near what it was meant to be. Great things take time. It's like a garden: a garden only gets better with time. Every season, it becomes bigger and more fruitful. It doesn't start off that way. 

Don't be disheartened if you feel like God is leading you "out of your way" or taking longer than expected. He already knows the plans for your life and they're already set in action! Each moment he leads you to is preplanned to take you in the direction he has for your life. Yea, it might seem long... but the Israelites were in the desert for 40 years! God took them the really long way around, but it was for their own benefit and to take them where he wanted to bless them. He has a reason for every action he takes in your life; you never know what tribulation God is protecting you from by taking a longer path. He wouldn't want you to face adversity and run back to a place of no freedom or excitement.

◉ ◉ ◉

June is the anniversary month of Eternal Bride! It's been an amazing year to blog and speak the things God reveals to my heart. I hope every post has been nothing but encouraging, uplifting, and insightful. I am constantly growing and it amazes me to read over my blog post from this time last year. SO much has happened between then and now. God is faithful to his promises and sensitive to the desires of my heart. No place else I'd rather be than in his will and for Jesus in my heart.

Have an amazing Thursday everybody!
With much love and appreciation,
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment