Friday, May 31, 2013

Peace ― Be Still In Your Heart, Mind, And Life.

Should I apply for this school or that school? 
Do I need to start preparing now? Is the future now?? Can't I just relax and be 21? 
Should I give him a chance? Will I ever get married?? 
Do I want hot or iced coffee....?

Do we ever know what we want exactly? Life decisions can be such a stressor. They can cause us to snap, bend-over backwards, doubt ourselves, and they almost seem to be a burden. We can make some of the greatest decisions in our lives which should be exciting moments become biggest burdens to carry! Why is that?

My guess would be that we're wanting to be in God's will so much we're scared one wrong move and suddenly, we're out of his will. I for one, can become one of the most stressed out people ever when it comes to major decision making! I'm miserable to be around; I admit it! (Haha... ugh). But when I picture God in heaven looking down at me during this time of "misery," I would think he doesn't want that for me. That's not what he intended. Life with him is to be life liven free of burden and shame. I've been reading in 1st Peter lately, and it talks quite often about suffering for Christ. If we are suffering for Christ, we have good reason to be suffering and will be blessed because of it. However, I don't think it's talking about the suffering I face for deciding if I want to intern with this person or that person... Yet in my mind, I'm thinking whether I intern here or there, there will be outcomes and both will take me in different directions. What direction do I want? I must choose now! I also have this tendency to race against the clock. Everything must be done now while I'm young or else. Stressing can literally ache my heart some days! But reading further into 1st Peter and coming across 5:6-7, there seems to be something relevant.


1st Peter 5:6-7 
Be humble under God's powerful hand so he will lift you up when the right time comes. 
Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you.


My thought: Why the rush? God already has an amazing plan for my life. He already knows the outcome; he knows my thoughts and decisions and the steps I'll take. Not one decision will surprise him! His timing is not my timing, and his timing is perfect.

Let's start with the day-to-day decisions. God, I pray you would guide my footsteps today! Lead me in your direction today! And may I learn just a little bit more about your will for my life all while operating in the peace of Christ. Philippians 4:7 tells of how incredible God's peace is that we cannot even fully understand the concept of it. But it's there! And when we learn to just rest our hearts in Christ and know God has it all under his hand, we will make it through. He knows all, sees all, has the plan, and cares for us! The Message version of verse 7 says to, "Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you." He would never want us to struggle and wonder about the rest of our lives! Wait in patience for God to answer and be persistent in prayer. In his timing, the answer, the day, the opportunity, or whatever it is that us crazy women seek for from the Lord, will reveal itself! Patience is the key and resting in Christ. God is faithful. His word says that and his word also says he cannot be false to himself. He will always come through and in his PERFECT timing.


Rest easy today! Your future is in God's hands.
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment