Monday, October 8, 2012

Follow Your Heart's Desires

You know those moment of," I want to try this...." or "I would just love to do that...."

I have those all the time.
I want to learn to play the cello. I want to learn to knit. I want to become a better speaker. I want to be a more committed musician. I want to be a photographer. I want to change the world and more!

I have all these little wishes floating around in my heart; some big and some small. All which can be used in the most creative, unique ways for God's kingdom. You know what I say? Just do it. Just try it! That thing you've been wanting to do for so long, just go for it! What's holding you back? Milton Berle said, "If opportunity doesn't knock, make a door." Do what you have to do for it to happen. Maybe it's a lifelong dream or maybe it's simple as something that you'd like to do in your free time. God cares about every detail of your life. He has set you up for happiness and success; follow his will and you won't be led wrong. That small, random desire can be for your own good because he does care about you and cherishes your wellbeing. He also cares about the big things he wants you to fulfill for the advancement of his kingdom! If the desire is in your heart, just do it! He knows those desires because he placed them there himself! When God created you, he placed desires, dreams, and wishes in your heart. He wouldn't be one to place them there and never have them fulfilled. He's almighty God and our Father. He wants the best for us!

Today's post is a short one, but with a big meaning. Do what's in your heart. Yes... listen to the cliché phrase, "follow your heart." If you want to try kickboxing, just do it. If you want to start a non profit organization, go for it! Don't sit around and ponder the thought. Step out in faith today and do!


Ecclesiastics 2:24-25
The best that people can do is eat, drink, and enjoy their work. I saw that even this comes from God, because no one can eat or enjoy life without him.

With love,
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment