Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting Caught Up

Isaiah 42:7
You will help the blind to see. You will free those who are in prison, and you will lead those who live in darkness out of their prison.

Sometimes I tend to get caught up in my own future.

"Where am I going, God? What is the right path? Where do you want me to be, God? I'm just trying to be obedient to you!"

And those questions are not wrong to ask at all, but Isaiah 42:7 came up when I began to become selfish with my own life. It's easy to become consumed with what I am doing and where I am going. This verse reminded me that ultimately in whatever I do and wherever I go... my purpose of life is from God and for God. My life is more than just about me because this life is really not my own. I gave it to Christ when I surrendered my heart to Him and left the old Ariel at the cross. A new Ariel was risen with Christ. This Ariel has incredible plans for her future written by God, but her ultimate call is to reach others in all that she does including those plans.

Philippians 2:4
Do not be interested only in your life, but be interested in the lives of others.

In everything I do I am to show Christ. My purpose, as is every Christians, is to be Christ to those who are blind so they may see; to show freedom to those who are in chains so they may experience true freedom. We are the eyes, ears, and hands of God here on earth. Through us he can encounter his children. This is how we are the body of Christ! 

That is our call and duty to our Father in heaven. We are to be His light and hands to everybody you encounter. Sometimes I just need to reread over Isaiah 42:7 to remind myself not to get too caught up in all that I am doing and what I want from God. My life needs to be centered on him and what he wants. Everything else will then work itself out, as it says so in Matthew 6:33, "Seek first God's kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well."

4 More days till Christmas!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment