Friday, December 14, 2012

I Am With You And Will Go Before You

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you cross rivers, you will not drown. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned, nor will the flames hurt you.

Isaiah 45:2
I will go before you and make the mountains flat. I will break down the bronze gates of the cities and cut through their iron bars.

I remember finding these two verses back in August when I was away at retreat. I was so nervous and excited for the school year to start! Nervous because I did not know what was ahead, but excited because I knew God was with me. I knew God had a plan for me, and if I were to follow that plan it would lead to a great and prosperous future designed by God himself.

Isaiah claims that even through I may pass through thick, deep, rough streams of water God is with me! He will not let me drown. I may be in the pit of a furious fire burning all around me, but I won't be burnt because is with me! He is with me so much, in fact, that he has gone before me and made the mountains flat! He is with me and for me, and he does the same for you too! God can do anything and when his children come to him, learning to rest and be dependent on him, he will lead the way.

Trying to control our own lives only results in our vision becoming fuzzy and unclear. God is our loving Father, and he wants to help us! He wants us to depend on him so that he can rightly direct us. He cares; he cares a lot. Begin to look at life through these verses: If there's a job interview before you, he has gone in front to flatten the mountain! If there are tests and trials all around you, fear not; you will not drown. If people are hurting and attacking you, God will protect you that the flames will truly not burn you!

Be encouraged today that God wants to direct your footsteps in the plan he has for your life so that you can be prosperous! He is with you in it! He will lead you through every mountain high and valley low. He will go ahead of you and clear the way for his child to be victorious. Yes, there will be hard times. Nobody promised living for Christ will be easy, but only that it'll be worth it. God will help you through every single thing when you turn to him!


One more Friday till Christmas!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment