Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ephesians 3:20

With God's power working in us, God can do 
much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. 

Lately, I've been taking extra moments to really examine my life (it's quite good to occasionally reflect) and I find my life blessed. There's nothing to complain about, nothing to not be thankful for; things have just been going well! However, the trouble lies in the future. Fear of the unknown and what's to come. And I absolutely hate, hate, hate when it comes into my mind because I know I should not be fearful! There's no room for fear when my life is in God's hands. He is greater than that fear; his greatness cancels that fear out. Then why do I feel like it's still there?

I believe I've mentioned this a few times over the past month or so, but Ephesians 3:20. It's one of my absolute favorite verses and it brings me such comfort. When I feel that fear setting in, I immediately have to pray. And I pray in all honesty to God. I say, "God... this is how I'm feeling... this is what's bothering me... this is what I'm scared for..." It's more like I'm just talking to God and letting him know my heart before I can even ask for anything. Besides, he already knows all these things (crazy, right?).

Every time I do that, I find that before I even get to asking for God to rescue me of my fears and doubts Ephesians 3:20 comes to my mind. He knows what I'm going to ask, and his Word tells me that he does greater than anything I can ever ask for. I'm asking for help and he does greater. I'm asking for relief and he gives me greater. I'm asking for him to go before me and he will do greater! I absolutely believe this with my whole heart. There's such a peace the moment I remind myself of this.

There's one thing left to remind myself of... Has he failed me yet? No, he has not failed me.

Think about it. Has God really ever failed you? If you say "yes," was it really something caused by God? Or did life just happen? God can use anything life throws at you for his greater good. He's never out to get you or set you up for failure. He will never fail you.

Have a great weekend ahead!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment