Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rid Me of Myself

Happy are those who trust the Lord. That is what your Word constantly screams at me. Yet I still get wrapped up in my own desires. What I want, what I need, and how I want my life to go. How selfish of me! God, rid me of myself. I want what you want. Make the desires of your heart, Father, the desires of my heart. My life is so incredible as it already is. I come to you everyday with prayers and needs, and you respond. You respond even when I have all that I could ever really need! If all I had was you, Jesus, I am complete. You are All-suffcient. You are enough for me. And the matter-of-fact is that I do have you, Jesus. I do have all that I need and nothing else could ever make me more whole. Anything more is a blessing and beyond; it's more than I deserve. How are you so good to me all the time, God? I ask for so much and yet you still give, give, and give. What love is this that I have encountered? No greater love will I ever know. This is real love, true love. 

I look at your heavens,
      which you made with your fingers.
I see the moon and stars,
      which you created.

But why are people important to you?
      Why do you take care of human beings?

You made them a little lower than the angels
      and crowned them with glory and honor.
You put them in charge of everything you made.
      You put all things under their control:
all the sheep, the cattle,
      and the wild animals,
the birds in the sky,
      the fish in the sea,
      and everything that lives under water.

Lord our Lord,
      Your name is the most wonderful name in all the earth!

Psalm 8:3-9

I could never thank you enough, God. Your power and love is beyond belief. Rid me of myself and my fleshly desires. I belong to you. More of you; less of me. 

A prayer from your daughter, 
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment