Tuesday, January 8, 2013

In Agreement

This is the first post of 2013! Crazy. What a year 2012 was, and I only expect 2013 to be better! I'm declaring it to be a banner year. I am currently approaching the last semester of leadership college. I can't believe I'm going to be graduating in May. I feel like the past year and a half weren't even real; the time has just gone by. God has done more than I've ever imagined. How true it is when people say God will surpass you highest expectations and biggest dreams.

I remember back in high school when teachers, parents, and even friends would constantly ask me what I wanted to do with my life. What I thought were my dreams and the paths I would follow the day of high school graduation are now out the window. Within two years... God has changed everything. How do I feel about that? It's been the most incredible journey to date. It hasn't been easy (that's for sure!), but I know I am following God's will for my life and that out weighs the struggles and battles I've faced.


1st John 5:14-15
And this is the boldness we have in God's presence: that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us. If we know he hears us every time we ask him, we know we have what we ask from him.

These 2 verses struck my heart at the very beginning of 2013. I feel that God has guided my footsteps in his direction is such a way that if the things I asked for were in agreement with his will, he would allow it. If not, the doors were never opened or a path was not made known. Reading this I can pick out things in my past and see how it has played out to be true. I'd ask God for something and if it followed his will for my life or was in agreement with it, the opportunity would be made known. There were even some situations where doors were opened and I wasn't sure if I were to walk through them. Those were always the hardest because sometimes they were things really wanted and I had the opportunity to grab hold of them right in front of me. However, listening for God's voice in the opportunities he showed me signs and gave me revelation that it was not his will. He's been so faithful to me by always guiding my path and gently nudging me in his direction. These 2 verses even play out now in my life! I'm making big decisions now and asking God if he would open the possibly of something I want, and he has! I truly believe this is because it is something is agreement with his will.

Be encouraged today God has incredible plans for your life as well as desiring to make your wildest dreams come true! I feel that opportunities and blessings in life are a mixture of his will and your dreams put together. He never sets you up for failure; only success! Maybe if you don't exactly get the prayer answered you've been asking for, it could be for the better. God knows what's best for you! Look for his will and watch how he transforms your dreams to line up with that will! It'll be surprising. I truly believe as you dig deeper into Him, your desires will become his desires and your dreams will become his dreams. Even if I can't explain this all that well... I'll just say he has it all worked out and he's taking care of it. God knows what he's doing!

Happy Tuesday!
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment