Monday, February 11, 2013

We Are Chosen

Girls. We can be so emotional. I know I can dive right into something I love and instantly throw my emotions along with it. And it's not a bad thing at all! In fact, I think being emotionally connected with something shows just how passionate we can be. 

I can remember in middle school the typical "school girl crush" existed. It was the kind of crush when a girl would think a certain boy was just the absolute cutest in the world; a boy who practically descending from the dating heavens. He was perfect. He had the perfect clothes, smile, personality, the whole package! Just one problem: he never knew she existed (Come on, let's all admit it... we've been there!). And she would give and give and give, then try and try some more, then maybe give a few more times. Anything to make him notice her! She would lay everything on the line even knowing he might not ever notice her. Why? All because she was head-over-heels for him. 

What I think one of the greatest things about Jesus is that He chose to die on the cross for us knowing that there was a possibility we wouldn't even choose Him. He was willing to give it all because he was (and still is) head-over-heels, crazy in love with us. Of course Jesus is much more extravagant in His love for us than a silly little school girl having a crush on a cute boy. Her "undying" love for her cute-as-a-button classmate eventually fades and evens comes to the realization it's part infatuation and part puberty. Jesus has been in love with us before our lives on earth even came about.

From the beginning of time, God has designed humans for relationship. It's what we yearn for; it's natural for us to desire partnership. He also designed us that he alone would be the only one who can completely satisfy our need for relationship. No other desires could ever suffice our hearts. Think about this: God has no need for us; no need for humans. But he had love that was so great and he desired so much to share it that we were created. His love for us is wild and runs deep within him. 

When sin came into the world and separated us from him, he had a plan all along for us to be redeemed. God wanted his children back, but sin blocked him from us. And so Jesus, who is 100% God, came giving His life in our place at the moment of death. He took what we deserved because of His great, wild, and extravagant love for us. He chose us. He chose us knowing that He would be the only way we could ever be connected back to our loving Father whether we choose Him or not. He knew He was the only way. Jesus gave everything for me and everything for you.

You did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name."
John 15:6

A motivation for serving Christ in my life is knowing that he gave all for me; how could I not give Him my all? 
❤ Ariel Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment